Abacus Exam & Assessment Results
The new National Curriculum has been written to give Age Related Expectations for the end of each year.
As children travel from Year 1 to Year 6 in our school, they will be tracked against the Age Related Expectations, using:
- Working towards the expected standard (Emerging)
- Working at the expected standard (Expected)
- Working at greater depth within the expected standard (Exceeding)
The end of year Assessment Results confirm the percentage of pupils achieving the expected standard, and those exceeding the expected standard i.e. working at a greater depth.
A scaled score of 100 will always represent the expected standard on the test. Pupils scoring 100 or more will have met the expected standard on the test.
Progress scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -5 to +5.
• A score of 0 means pupils at Abacus on average do about as well at KS2, as with similar prior attainment nationally.
• A positive score means pupils at Abacus on average do better at KS2, as with similar prior attainment nationally.
• A negative score means pupils at Abacus on average do worse at KS2, as those with similar prior attainment nationally.
To compare Abacus to other schools in the local area or nationally, please visit: